Sunday, October 5, 2008

RBF's 3rd Annual Christmas Fishing Gathering

Chief, Goose, Dave and Agrontrutta enjoying egg nog last year

This year's gathering will be held on December 20th.
We will meet at the Waffle Shop in Bellefonte at 9:oo AM for a hearty breakfast then head to the Paradise for a day's fishing. Then after our fingers freeze solid we will gather in the parking lot to enjoy Wild Mushroom Soup (this year's version will feature sheepshead and sulphur mushrooms), Cast Iron Skillet Venison Tenderloin Medallions and RBF's Famous Jack Daniel's Egg Nog. There will also be plenty of Christmas Cookies and Camp Coffee. Come and enjoy some good fellowship, fine food and some winter fishing!

8 comments:

Bowhunter said...

A little far off, but I should be able to make it that weekend.
Can't wait for more camp coffee

Wade Rivers said...

Dave's the only guy I know who has an official Pennsylvania state forest named after him. And it's a good one too.

Agrontrutta said...

I'm there already!

Got it on my calendar and won't miss it. Hopefully I will have some stories to share from the jungles of Brazil.

Chief said...

Oh boy! I can't wait to read an ungodly jungle report! Please be careful down there! Buttocks boils are easy to acquire in such environs.

Agrontrutta said...

No need to worry, I've had my required yellow fever and hepatitis A vaccinations. Doc also gave me a prescription for Cipro if I inadvertently ingest some mean bug in the local food. He told me to slap on the DEET to keep the mosquitoes at bay--Dengue Fever is endemic but there is no treatment for it. Apparently, it won't kill you, just make you wish you were dead.

Unfortunately, no fishing this time, just business. But, I'll take the laptop and try to post some reports.

Chief said...

Agrontrutta...Geez..Can't you just go look at some native grasses down at Rock Springs and avoid that potentially unhealthy work assignment? Anytime I travel south of the Mason-Dixon line I get dreadfully sick. Got Bell's Palsy in Virgina Beach, got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in North Carolina and contracted Vincent's Stomatitis in Alabama. Spent a couple of days on Edisto Island in South Carolina and came down with Monkey Eye.

If you are not in quarantine when you get back, can we put you in charge of producing the Camp Coffee?

Agrontrutta said...

Yep, I'll bring the coffee pot. I'll even try to bring back some Brazilian java.

Wade Rivers said...

I'm gonna do my best to try and be there for this ungodly event, weather permitting with the long drive and everything. I hear Bowhunter is gonna pick up the tab at the Waffle Shop.