Monday, June 4, 2012

Big Woods Summit as Witnessed by the Chief

Mike "Sleeps with Bison" Bowhunter, VP of Culinary Affairs

The best ever, despite not having Yucca.  The omission of Yucca, the Official Cocktail of the Pro Staff, on Saturday before the Paella Feast will never happen again on my watch.  We did however enjoy that damn deadly apple drink that Sleeps with Bison prepares.  I mostly enjoyed the fellowship, especially with our military members.  We are very thankful for their continued service.  Thank you Midger for arriving after 6 PM on Friday so that I could win the 2 Fly Contest.  "Judgment Day" was read before our annual awards ceremony.  Award winners will be announced later.  The food this year was simply incredible.  The only thing Mike's Deluxe Burgers needed was your mouth.  If you went to bed hungry, it was your own damn fault.  Hell, Bunyan woke up hungry; stuffing himself with a chunk of Lasagna the size of a car battery covered with leftover American Fries for breakfast. I had to look away.  I pray that God pardons our gluttony.  Midger and I spent most of Saturday preparing the Paella Feast.  We insured that we were sufficiently libated with bourbon shots during the process.  Hours later, I experienced a port wine blackout shortly after instructing Midger to put the paella fire in simmer.  I must admit that the Paella was one of the best I have ever prepared over the fire.  The Pro Staff enjoyed fishing a Brown Drake Spinner fall after the Paella Feast catching many trout.  After fishing, I rested peacefully in the Mobile Command Unit while the others closed up the Old Tanner Inn.  GlenG and I spent a quiet Sunday morning sitting and talking on the Rossiter Lodge porch drinking freshly brewed coffee from our coveted  RBF mugs. The others were recovering from shuffleboard, Potter Co. babes and beer.  Sunday night was very peaceful.  Sleeps with Bison and I casually fished the First Fork  Many dumb trout were caught and released on the RBF Gum Wrapper.  Monday morning was quite different.  The fish would not cooperate, as their bellies were full.  I even tried spinning tackle.  The RBF Girl sure looked good in those cutoff jeans.  Sleeps with Bison and I vowed to keep this annual passage going so that Agrontrutta will have an opportunity to visit with us possibly in his retirement.  This event would never be possible without the outstanding men that attend this ungodly affair.  We all should be thankful that we have such humans in our lives.  As time goes on, I will add to this blog things that are noteworthy and things that are not.


3 comments:

Agrontrutta said...

Sounds like it was a classic Big Woods Summit. Wish I could have been there to witness the epic hatch and enjoy the fellowship.

Carry on!

Agrontrutta said...

Please do carry on the tradition of the Big Woods Summit. I'll do my best to keep my priorities straight and block out the dates for next year.

Bowhunter said...

Week leading up to Memorial Day, you can take that to the bank…
You really did miss some epic fishing. And the food wasn’t too shabby.