Saturday, January 16, 2010

Where am I?

Slow times here on the RBF blog. The short days and low temps must have everyone's serotonin levels low. Today's temps kicked my ass in gear and got me fishin at the Little J. No fish but it was great to be out and in Penn's Woods.

Anyway, here's a photo to get your heads scratchin. The first one to correctly name the woman depicted in the sculpture, the street, city, and country in this photo gets a free pat-down by TSA at the Philly airport. Oh, and if you can sing the song you get extra credit. This photo isn't strictly piscatorial but it is molluscan (Wade, quit staring at the cleavage). Brilliant!

7 comments:

Wade Rivers said...

If we had well endowed fish mongers like that here in Doylestown, I would never eat red meat again ('cept maybe Buffler).

Molly Malone
Grafton Street
Dublin, Ireland

I'm already looking forward to my free pat down from the competent folks at the TSA. Why they don't charge for those things too, I'll never know...

Thanks for the shot of the Dish with the Fish, Matt.

Signed,

Wade Rivers
Dublin, Pa.

Agrontrutta said...

Should have known someone from Dublin PA would get this in an instant.

Wade Rivers said...

My family has deep roots that go way, way back in Ireland :^)

Let's see, I remember it like it was yesterday..... Going up into the Castlereagh hills, and the cregagh glens in summer and coming back to Grafton Street for jars of mussels and potted herrings while we listened to Radio Luxemburg....

Yep, Dublin is like a second home to me now.

Chief said...

All I knew about the Irish is that I once paid $22 for a shot of rare Jameson whisky in a pub in New Cumberland, PA and it was long shot from our smooth, oh so very smooth Kentucky Bourbon.

Agrontrutta said...

But, to have a Guiness in Dublin is to know the meaning of life.

Wade Rivers said...

...or in Cork.....or in Belfast.

GregG said...

I thinks it's Sacagawea. Probably in Pray, Montana. Heard they grow a pretty hot squaw out in them thar parts.