Wednesday, July 28, 2010

1 dead, 2 injured in bear attack at Cooke City campground


Wade notified the Chief of this ungodly event. After reading about Wade's latest Western adventure, the Fair Maiden and I began working on a short trip to Paradise Valley and Northeast YNP to get away from this damn PA heat. Planned on camping three nights at Pebble Creek. Now the Chief is OK with a daily dousing of corn starch right here in PA.


http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-07-28-bear-attack_N.htm?loc=intersti

2 comments:

Wade Rivers said...

Make sure you are "loaded for bear" if you camp at Pebble Creek.

Me? I'd be packing a .44 magnum. Then if I woke up and saw a grizzly ripping into the RV I could blow my brains out.

I'm not a very good shot. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if I was standing inside one.

Corn starch, eh? Great idea!

Agrontrutta said...

I think you need to bear-proof the RBF Mobile Command Unit, Chief.

I bet cookin a batch of paella over a camp fire in YNP would bring in griz from Alaska to Idaho. Especially if it had escargo.