Sunday, May 8, 2011

May in Potter County

With the break in the weather it was time for a trip north. Daily rains have filled the water tables. Here is a shot of the Shit House run. Conditions here will challenge the pro-staffers. Friday night had a lot of egg laying caddis. Fishing was quite slow, no mayflies of any type. I’m thinking it could be an excellent year if the rains ever stop.

Saturday morning had bowhunter climbing the mountain behind camp. A lovely climb that took almost 45 minutes, but I reached the summit in one piece. And I was greeted at the top with a couple gobbles.





Afternoon had me back in the woods looking for leeks (ramps) here is a shot of the mother lode.














A parting shot of Smokey. She is looking forward to sharing all the pro-staffers food.

1 comment:

Wade Rivers said...

Looks like a prouty good time in paradise, Mike. Beauty is RAMPant in Potter County at this time of the year.

I like to fry up those ramps with garlic and butter in a skillet full of Lushbaugh Run brookies. The only trouble is my breath winds up smelling like Smokies.