Friday, November 14, 2008

Flies and Frogs



I thought it best to post something related to fish during this trip. I noted an insect hatch in the ponds surrounding the university conference center. Looked to be about a size 10 something or other. The water did not look very safe to muck around, hence the lousy image. Didn’t notice any fish feeding.

From the piscatorial to the amphibious: One of the university professors took me for a short tour of his research. I noted a site with several small ponds and asked about them. Most of the ponds were for fish research; however, a few of the ponds were used for “frog farming” research. Apparently, one of the faculty is developing a feed mix to fatten frogs for the meat market. I’m not sure but I think this is where “Frogs Fanny” was developed. Just a guess. I didn’t notice any wild frogs in wheel chairs or on crutches.

In case you are interested, here is where I am: http://www.ufv.br/

Boa Tarde!

1 comment:

Bowhunter said...

Great posts, keep the info flowing and if you find any of that frog's fanny pick some up. I'm getting low.